Milforum - militært diskusjonsforum. Forsvaret, Luftforsvaret, Etterretningstjenesten, Hæren, Marinen, Sjøforsvaret, debatt, Geopolitikk

Milrab - Milforum - Nettbutikk - Militært Utstyr - Friluftsliv

Liker Liker:  0
Viser resultatene 1 til 40 av 40

Tråd: HNoMS Thor Heyerdahl F314 - photo request.

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

HNoMS Thor Heyerdahl F314 - photo request.

Good moring Gents,

I would ask You for help in my project.

My hobby is paper-models designing and building - currently I'm working on HNoMS Thor Heyerdahl F314, (Nansen class, scale 1:200.)

See this link:

http://www.kartonwork.pl/forum/viewt...=13493&start=0

I'm stuck with lack of detailed drawings, blueprints, and photos, showing details of main deck and superstructures.

My question to You is: is there anybody who can help me and provide pictures of areas marked with red arrows?:

To be specified, I would like to see:

- superstructure
    - base of main mast,
    - midships
    - funnel in the midships and helo-hangar roof,
    - helo-hangar roof details incl life-rafts
    - RHIBs with cranes (port and starboard)
    - AN/SPG62 target illuminators (FCRs)
    - RBS 15 containers (if there are any mounted on any ship Nansen class)

Of course, I'm interested only in unclassified data.

I will appreciate any help

Thanks in advance.

Harp.

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Sep 2008
    Pondusfaktor

Re: HNoMS Thor Heyerdahl F314 - photo request.

I don't really have much info to share, but its going to be extremely difficult trying to figure out where the (Swedish) RBS-15 missiles go, since the Nansen class will be armed with the Norwegian NSM missile... :)

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

I don't really have much info to share, but its going to be extremely difficult trying to figure out where the (Swedish) RBS-15 missiles go, since the Nansen class will be armed with the Norwegian NSM missile... :)
    OMG, my mistake!. Sorry.

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

I'm still hoping, that someone's gonna help me providing photos.

Korporal 1. klasse
    Ble medlem
    Oct 2005
    Pondusfaktor

PIO.
    I must kill all free radicals

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

PIO
    ??

Try this link to watch my project:

http://www.kartonwork.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13493

Visekorporal 1. klasse
    Ble medlem
    Apr 2007
    Pondusfaktor

If you do a Google Image search for "fregatt nansen" (frigate nansen), you'll get quite a few hits.
    Tidligere medlem av Norsk Luftwaffel.
    Nåværende medlem av Norsk Stolsliterforbund.

Battle Captain
    Ble medlem
    May 2005
    Pondusfaktor

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Harpooner
    PIO
    ??

Try this link to watch my project:

http://www.kartonwork.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13493
    I think he means that the Press and Information Officer(PIO) of that particular unit might have something...
    Beidh a lá leo

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av lumted
    If you do a Google Image search for "fregatt nansen" (frigate nansen), you'll get quite a few hits.

Got about 200 pics. Without them, designing Nansen would be impossible. But I'm asking for more detailed pics. As You know (or maybe not), details are the key factor in scale modeling.

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Bestefar

I think he means that the Press and Information Officer(PIO) of that particular unit might have something...

How to contac PIO? Is there any Nansen class ship homepage (like US Ships homepages?).

Sorry for that silly questions, but I do not speak norwegian, so searching the web is strongly limited (in this case)

Battle Captain
    Ble medlem
    May 2006
    Pondusfaktor

The problem may be, even if you ask for unclassified pictures, some of those details might be classified, and should not be supplied by milforum readers. If you cannot find more details in press pictures, I think your best bet might be to contact Norwegian military authorities directly.

Some addresses can be found here:
    http://www.mil.no/flo/start/kontakt/
    http://www.regjeringen.no/en/dep/fd.html?id=380

Good luck!
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Rittmester
    The problem may be, even if you ask for unclassified pictures, some of those details might be classified, and should not be supplied by milforum readers. If you cannot find more details in press pictures, I think your best bet might be to contact Norwegian military authorities directly.

Some addresses can be found here:
    http://www.mil.no/flo/start/kontakt/
    http://www.regjeringen.no/en/dep/fd.html?id=380

Good luck!
    Thank You, will try.

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Jul 2008
    Pondusfaktor

Few exterior details of the ship are actually classified. During routine "open ship" for civilians of various nationalities, they are allowed to take pictures of anything they want as long as its not from the inside itself.

I'm not exactly sure what you need, Harpooner, considering you can see most of the details you are asking for in all the pictures you can find online.

Excellent pictures like this (all from open sources) gives away most of the details:

From these pictures you can actually count the number of visible liferafts: 2 on each side behind of the bridge area, 3 on each side on the hangar roof, and 1 on each side on the forward part of the helodeck.

From this profile you can easily see where the NSM missilelauncher are to be mounted. One quadpack on each side behind the main radarmast.

This openly available informative film from a Norwegian documentary series (Schrödingers Katt) shows quite alot of the interior, including the classified CIC:
    http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/205230

I would very much like to see the final product when you are finished. She looks beautiful allready!
    Det der må jo bety at han er litt tam - han skrelte i det minste grensejegeren før han spiste ham
    -Lille Arne

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

During routine "open ship" for civilians of various nationalities,
    they are allowed to take pictures of anything they want
    That is why I have expected some "walk around" photo session over WWW.
    Thanks for Your support, description of life-rafts locations is what I need.

I have another few questions:

- who is the RHIBs manufacturer?
    - are the AN/SPG62s exactly the same type, as on Ticonderoga/Burke class ships? If not, what are the differencies (i.e. mounts?) I can not find any picture showing side silhouette(classified?).
    - who is the RHIBs cranes manufacturer, or what types are they?
    - funny question but important to me: what is the number of external ladders (and their location)? At least, one is exactly below aft AN/SPG62...

Best regards:

Harp.

P.S.
    Of course, when Nansen project will be finished, I will inform You.
    For sure, she will be available for paper-modeling market.

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Jul 2008
    Pondusfaktor

- who is the RHIBs manufacturer?
    According to this link, they are equipped with a "Maritime Partner Sjøbjørn 25 Mk II". You can see a silhoutte of it on this production page. Its the same as these pictures from the Coast Guard, except that they are painted in naval grey.

- are the AN/SPG62s exactly the same type, as on Ticonderoga/Burke class ships? If not, what are the differencies (i.e. mounts?) I can not find any picture showing side silhouette(classified?).
    According to this PDF-document, Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace (KDA) producted the mount for the directors called "integraded director group". There is a small picture in the document itself, and maybe this high-res picture is of some help?

- who is the RHIBs cranes manufacturer, or what types are they?
    Don't know. As you can see from pictures there are different cranes on each side.

- funny question but important to me: what is the number of external ladders (and their location)? At least, one is exactly below aft AN/SPG62...
    Look at pictures, and start counting!

P.S.
    Of course, when Nansen project will be finished, I will inform You.
    For sure, she will be available for paper-modeling market.
    Do you produce paper-model sets for interested buyers?

Oh, and maybe this google translation of a Norwegian article regarding HNoMS Thor Heyerdahls sibling, the HNoMS Helge Ingstad, is of interest to you?

http://translate.google.no/translate?js ... l=no&tl=en
    Det der må jo bety at han er litt tam - han skrelte i det minste grensejegeren før han spiste ham
    -Lille Arne

Korporal 1. klasse
    Ble medlem
    Feb 2006
    Pondusfaktor

Nice to see one of my photos being helpful in this process. Beautiful looking ship.
    "You are overreacting, and you can't spell overreacting without ovary. You're a girl"

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Jul 2008
    Pondusfaktor

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av twominds
    Nice to see one of my photos being helpful in this process. Beautiful looking ship.
    Which one?
    -Lille Arne

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

Do you produce paper-model sets for interested buyers?
    Generally, I don't. But, if some publisher is interested in releasing my projects, I design a paper-model on request. I'm freelancer.

Thanks for your help with AN/SPG62, fortunately my design is correct.

Harp.

Korporal 1. klasse
    Ble medlem
    Feb 2006
    Pondusfaktor

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Bluefor
    Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av twominds
    Which one?
    I think the last one in your post taken from the front as it was docked in Oslo. At least I
    think it is mine, as I took pics from that position that day that I uploaded here somewhere.
    "You are overreacting, and you can't spell overreacting without ovary. You're a girl"

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

F314 KNM Thor Heyerdahl, scale 1/200, final build has been started at:

papermodelers.com/forum/ships-watercraf ... 200-a.html

Kind regards:

Harp.

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Jul 2008
    Pondusfaktor

Thank you very much for sharing, Harpooner. So far the hull looks quite impressive, and I can only imagine how the final result will look like. Just let me know if you need any further reference material.

I don't know anything about paper modeling, but would it be possible to order an copy of your finished product? If you have all the different parts already cut out, would it be too hard to assemble one by myself?
    -Lille Arne

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

I don't know anything about paper modeling, but would it be possible to order an copy of your finished product?
    When F314 will be prepared for public release (How-To guide, drawings, part numbering etc.) I can send You printed sheets, ready to cut&glue.

If you have all the different parts already cut out, would it be too hard to assemble one by myself?
    Although Nansen class characterise with rather simple silhouette, this paper model seems to be more difficult than the others designed by me (my "target group" is "beginners and average" paper ship modelers). The reason is, that paper is not a suitable material for relatively big flat surfaces. If You don't have any experience with paper modeling, I can not guarantee that You will be able to build this model, even with extensive how-to guide (my releases are available mainly on US market, so How-To guides are to be more than very clear :)) ). But You can always try! There are a number of paper-modeling forums and resources around the WWW (i.e. papermodelers.com), people of this community are always helpful and ready to share their knowledge and experience.

And this kind of hobby, can be a good solution for looong polar nights, I think :)

Kind regards:

Harp.

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

Ladies and Gents,

let me announce the successful finish of F314 KNM Thor Heyerdahl paper build, scale 1/200.

Thank You for Your co-op and all good words!

Kind regards and Merry Xmas!

Harp.

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Jul 2008
    Pondusfaktor

Harpoon, you just made my day. This is nothing short of immensely impressive! Considering that this is an paper model designed from the ground up, I can't even describe how impressed I am.

Now, what do I have to do to get an exact copy of this model in my own living room? I'm guessing it would be impossible for me to buy the design and assemble it myself, and equally impossible for you to just sell me a finished model and mail it to me...?

Best regards,
    Bluefor
    -Lille Arne

Sersjant
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2005
    Pondusfaktor

To say it's impressive doesn't quite cut it.

No paperpun intended.
    In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.

Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Pondusfaktor

Impressive!! Great job!
    Odd objects attract fire. You are odd.

Visekorporal
    Ble medlem
    Apr 2006
    Pondusfaktor

Wow, thats awesome!

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

Harpoon, you just made my day. This is nothing short of immensely impressive! Considering that this is an paper model designed from the ground up, I can't even describe how impressed I am.
    I use advanced 3D modeling&engineering software. All what I need to do, is to say to my computer, what I want him to do . But thank You for words of recognition. I'm also impressed.

Now, what do I have to do to get an exact copy of this model in my own living room? I'm guessing it would be impossible for me to buy the design and assemble it myself, and equally impossible for you to just sell me a finished model and mail it to me...?

Best regards,
    Bluefor
    Bluefor,

I'm affraid, there's no way of safe delivery the finished model.
    But, I suspect that You are in navy service. So, find out if any HNoM ship is going to take participation in BALTOPS (or DANEX) and visit Poland (Gdynia Naval Base). Jump on the board, send me a message - and done!

Harpooner.

Rekrutt
    Ble medlem
    Dec 2010
    Pondusfaktor

Great work Harpooner! Just one small detail. There seems to be one additional Mk41-cell in front of the bridge! It would of course be great to double the rather small weaponsload on the Nansens.

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

Thank You for good words.

Regarding Mk41 VLS

This picture was taken by some friend o'mine, during F314 sea trials:

Picture is cropped and resized - my friend asked me not to publish full pictures.

Regards:

Harpooner.

Rekrutt
    Ble medlem
    Dec 2010
    Pondusfaktor

Thanks Harpooner!
    This means there are only one thing missing on your beautiful model - somekind of CIWS on the roof of the hangar. BTW do you know the purpose of increasing the MK41-cells from 8 to 16. Could it be 64 ESSM or maybe SM2/6 in the future?

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

Currently, F314 is still not equipped with 40mm Bofors Mk.3 CIWS gun, so I decided not to build it. Maybe in future, I will design the gun and NH90 helo.

BTW do you know the purpose of increasing the MK41-cells from 8 to 16. Could it be 64 ESSM or maybe SM2/6 in the future?
    Since Mk41 VLS module consists of universal cells (able to store and launch TLAMs, SM2s, ESSMs*), I see no obstacles to arm Nansen class in missiles mentioned above.
    AFAIK it's only a question of software in combat system and money, of course.

*unlike Mk56 VLS dedicated only for ESSMs

p.s.
    I see that I'm promoted to OR-1 rank

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Jul 2008
    Pondusfaktor

As Harpooner says, the last of the FNAN-class vessels, HNoMS Thor Heyerdahl, will be delivered with an additional VLS-module next the original module delivered on the previous four ships. The extra module was always an "future growth" option on the FNAN-class, but I for once are really happy to see this happen so soon. This obviously means that this might be done to the rest of the fleet in due time.

Additionally, as Harpooner also states, the FNAN-class with its Aegis weapon system/SPY-1F combo will be able to safely deliver most of the weapons that will fit in the Mk 41, including the most likely use of SM2 in the area defence role, but I don't know if the smaller radar (combared to the SPY-1D) will be able to use the anti-ballistic missile SM-3 optimaly.

But, I suspect that You are in navy service. So, find out if any HNoM ship is going to take participation in BALTOPS (or DANEX) and visit Poland (Gdynia Naval Base). Jump on the board, send me a message - and done!
    I don't have any plans for going down to Poland at the moment, but I will sure keep this idea in the back of my head!

What will be your next project?
    -Lille Arne

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

What will be your next project?
    I have enough references to launch DDG A.Burke class project, FFG La Fayette or Japanese DDH-181 Hyuga (DDH-182 Ise) class. Also D-80 HMS Sheffield (next year 30th anniversary of Falklands War), and some Russians: DDH Sovremennyy, CG 1164 Atlant.

And Skjold

But I suffer serious lack of free time...

Regards:

Harpooner.

Sersjant
    Ble medlem
    Mar 2008
    Pondusfaktor

Just mindblowing, big kudos.

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

Gents, for Your information.

F314 KNM Thor Heyerdahl, scale 1:200 paper model is now commercially available.

Since Milforum is not a proper place for advertising and business, all persons interested in, please contact me by email to get further details.

Without Your help, it could be not possible! Thanks again.

Harpooner

Sersjant 1. klasse
    Ble medlem
    Oct 2004
    Pondusfaktor

Impressive!
    What happens in the garage, stays in the garage

Battle Captain
    Ble medlem
    May 2005
    Pondusfaktor

Gents, for Your information.

F314 KNM Thor Heyerdahl, scale 1:200 paper model is now commercially available.

Since Milforum is not a proper place for advertising and business, all persons interested in, please contact me by email to get further details.
    It would be no problem for this forum if you posted those details in this thread. Your concern for our advertising policies is much appriciated, but those rules apply to users who use the forum primarily for advertising - you, as a fellow user, are more than welcome to post information regarding sales of this model.

And well done, by the way!
    Beidh a lá leo

Korporal 1. klasse
    Ble medlem
    Sep 2009
    Pondusfaktor

Keep on the good work!

Impressive
    Your signature cannot be longer than 70 characters long.

Menig
    Ble medlem
    Jan 2010
    Pondusfaktor

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Bestefar

It would be no problem for this forum if you posted those details in this thread. Your concern for our advertising policies is much appriciated, but those rules apply to users who use the forum primarily for advertising - you, as a fellow user, are more than welcome to post information regarding sales of this model.

And well done, by the way!

Thank You for words of recognition and permission for advertising.

So, here's the link to e-shop where F314 is available as a digital download:

http://ecardmodels.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=82

The kit includes two files (parts and HowTo - english) in pdf format. Buyer is allowed to print as many copies as it's necessary to finish the build.
    I recommend using typical ink-jet printer instead of laser printer, and thick paper 140-180g/m2, A4 size.

To give You an idea how the kit looks, I attach few sample sheets:

Kind regards:

Harpooner.

Milrab - Milforum - Nettbutikk - Militært Utstyr - Friluftsliv

Trådinformasjon