Wang Yong* jobber for Chinese Institutes of Contemporary International Relations, som er den analytiske delen av Ministeriet for Statssikkerhet, den kinesiske etterretningstjenesten. Han er hovedansvarlig for analyse av USA.

Han sier blant annet:
The U.S. is sick – that is the word I use. The evidence for this judgment is compelling. Productivity growth, the lifeblood of any economy, has fallen sharply since the mid 1990s, and it has been weak since the late 1960s. Wealth and income inequality have increased substantially; the gap in wealth between the rich and poor is staggering; the U.S. is now an outlier among developed countries. The American dream – the Horatio Alger story – is fading into a memory; the probability of someone born in a lower income group moving to a higher one has declined, and many parents no longer believe that their children will have a better standard of living than them. These are all fundamental changes from the period after WWII.
Your political elite – your professional political class – has simply not dealt successfully with the country’s problems. As a group, they are, in short, incompetent. They have been so for at least a generation. How could you come to any other conclusion? This is a view shared by many of your own citizens. They do not believe that your government works. In the primaries for the 2016 election, more votes were cast for political outsiders than for professional politicians. That speaks volumes.
Your President is obviously a focus of my colleagues and me. We spend many hours reading about him and talking about him. We have many thoughts. Perhaps most important, we see President Trump as a manifestation of the illness I described earlier and the voters frustration with the government’s inability to do anything about it. He did not create the frustration. He gave voice to it. We think President Trump is immensely talented at understanding the feelings of ordinary people, playing those back to them in words they understand, and convincing them that he can fix things.
og

In our discussion so far, I think we have dealt with many of the key issues in our bilateral relationship. But, let me make a couple of points. We, in China, see the relationship between our two countries as the most important in the world, the most important for the long-term stability of the region and the world. But, we are worried that many in the U.S. do not feel the same way. We worry that many see China as a threat that needs to be contained.

https://www.thecipherbrief.com/colum...-united-states

*: Vel, egentlig ikke. Analysen er gjort av tidligere fungerende sjef for CIA, Michael J Morell, som ble bedt om å sette seg inn i rollen som en senior kinesisk etterretningsanalytiker.