May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    4 innlegg
    Sitert
    24 innlegg
    PONDUS
    Basert på brukerens evne til å gi ris/ros (stjerna), mottatte likes, antall innlegg og fartstid

Post Fokus: Polen - en fremtidens stormakt i EU?

Starter egen tråd om Polen. EU og NATO-medlem.

Navn:		Polish_flag_with_coat_of_arms.jpg
Visninger:	451
Størrelse:	212,3 KB

Wikipedia:
    Polen, offisielt Republikken Polen er et land i Sentral-Europa, og grenser i vest mot Tyskland, i sør mot Tsjekkia og Slovakia, i øst mot Ukraina og Hviterussland, og i nord mot Østersjøen, Litauen og Russland.

Polens historie er en fortelling om et land i stadige forandringer. På 1500-tallet var Polen Europas nest største land etter Moskva, mens på 1800-tallet fantes det ingen polsk stat untat det lille Hertugdømmet Warszawa og Fristaden Krakow. Polen slik man kjenner landet i dag oppsto i 1918 etter første verdenskrig, en dag som feires hvert år den 11. november. Etter store ødeleggelser under andre verdenskrig kom Polen etter krigen under sovjetisk okkupasjon, og det var ikke før mot slutten av 1980-tallet at selvstyret ble mer reelt. Etter kommunismens fall ble Polen et vestlig demokrati igjen og den 1. mai 2004 ble de medlem av EU.

Polish Armed Forces
    Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland (Siły Zbrojne Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej, abbreviated SZ RP; popularly, Wojsko Polskie, abbreviated WP—roughly, the "Polish Military") are the national armed forces of Poland. The name has been used since the early nineteenth century, but can also be applied to earlier periods. The Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland are the Wojska Lądowe (Land Forces), Marynarka Wojenna (Navy), Siły Powietrzne (Air Force) and Wojska Specjalne (Special Forces) and are under the command of the Ministerstwo Obrony Narodowej (Ministry of National Defense). From 2002 until 2014, Polish military forces were part of the Coalition Forces that participated in the ISAF mission in Afganistan led by NATO. Poland's contribution to ISAF was the country's largest, since its entrance into NATO. Polish forces also took part in the Iraq War. From 2003 to 2008, Polish military forces commanded the Multinational Division (MND-CS) located in the South-Central Zone of Iraq. This zone was populated by about 5 million Iraqis, and covered an area of over 65,632 km². The division was made up of troops from 23 nations and totaled as many as 8,500 soldiers.
    Kilde: Wikipedia.

Equipment of the Polish Army
    The Polish military continues to use some Soviet-era equipment; however, since joining NATO in 1999, Poland has been upgrading and modernizing its hardware to NATO standards. The General Staff has been reorganized into a NATO-compatible J/G-1 through J/G-6 structure. Recent modernization projects include the acquisition of (48) F-16 fighter jets from the United States, (128) Leopard 2 MBTs from Germany, ATGM technology from Israel (as well as possible future acquisition of Rafael Python 5 missiles), and (690) Patria AMV AFVs from Finland.
    Kilde: Wikipedia.

Hundreds of troops, dozens of aircraft and missile launchers in Poland's major military parade

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Dozens of fighter jets soared, tanks rumbled and hundreds of troops marched in a Polish military parade Saturday, a show of force on the national armed forces' holiday.

Poland's new President Andrzej Duda, who is the armed forces' supreme commander, received the parade in downtown Warsaw, along with Prime Minister Ewa Kopacz and Defense Minister Tomasz Siemoniak.

F-16 and MiG-29 fighters, C-130 Hercules transport planes and helicopters flew overhead, while Rosomak and Stryker armored vehicles and Langusta missile launchers rumbled through downtown Warsaw in front of thousands of spectators. U.S. and Canadian troops, taking part in NATO exercises in Poland, also participated.

Les hele artikkelen her.
    Relaterte artikler:

World digest: Aug. 15, 2015

POLAND U.S. takes part in armed-forces parade
    Dozens of fighter jets soared, tanks rumbled and hundreds of troops marched in a Polish military parade Saturday, a show of force on the armed forces’ national holiday. U.S. and Canadian troops, taking part in NATO exercises in Poland, also participated. New Polish President Andrzej Duda, who is the armed forces’ supreme commander, received the parade in downtown Warsaw, along with Prime Minister Ewa Kopacz and Defense Minister Tomasz Siemoniak. Duda, who took office Aug. 6, said he wants to strengthen Poland’s armed forces and raise NATO’s presence in the country as a deterrent in the face of a resurgent Russia and an armed conflict in neighboring Ukraine.

Polish President Duda remembers Battle of Warsaw

The ceremony marks Army Day, a national holiday, which celebrates the 95th anniversary of the Battle of Warsaw at which the newly formed Polish army under Piłsudski defeated the Red Army at the gates of Warsaw.

Navn:		480137417-1-1024x682.jpg
Visninger:	419
Størrelse:	71,3 KB

U.S. Oil Exports – For Our Security And The World’s

in comments to USA Today; and Michele Flournoy, President Obama’s former undersecretary of defense for policy, in congressional testimony this week. Flournoy:

“… we should not underestimate the degree to which becoming an oil exporter could impact perceptions of the United States as a vital global power, helping to discredit erroneous narratives of U.S. decline. … When more supply originates from producers who are not vulnerable to political instability, conflict or threats to their energy infrastructure, the overall market becomes more stable. … [A]llowing U.S. oil exports would enhance the energy security of key U.S. partners, from Poland to India to Japan. Indeed, our closest allies in Europe and Northeast Asia would welcome – and have asked for – the unrestricted export of U.S. crude oil. … Enabling U.S. oil exports would strengthen our geopolitical influence, leadership and leverage with allies and adversaries alike.”

#pipelinemanagement

Les hele artikkelen her.

Navn:		Miroslawiec.jpg
Visninger:	415
Størrelse:	423,6 KB

Poland establishes a UAV-dedicated airbase

Poland’s Ministry of Defense, in the light of the wide scope of UAV procurement programmes, decided to create a dedicated airbase for the unmanned systems. A base currently used by the Polish Air Force Su-22 jets.

Polish UAV programs aim at procurement of the following systems:
    • Zefir – MALE UCAV, with high level of autonomy – 12 vehicles are going to be acquired within the scope of this program;
    • Gryf – Tactical MALE recce UAV – 12 examples to be acquired;
    • Orlik – tactical short range UAV – 12 packages with 3 to 5 platforms in each are going to be procured;
    • Wizjer – mini-UAV, similar to the WB Electronics FlyEye – 15 packages with 4-5 UAVs in each package are going to be purchased;
    • Ważka – VTOL mini UAV program – need of acquiring 15 UAVs of this type has been expressed;
    • Micro-UAV – the smallest VTOL UAV which is going to be used by the special forces’ assault teams in order to increase their situational awareness.
    Mirosławiec base is going to be equipped with the above-mentioned Gryf, Orlik and Zefir UAVs.

Les hele artikkelen her.

Relaterte artikler:

Bee’ drones, developed for Polish military, offer both surveillance and sting

The Polish military will soon have “Bee” drones’ accompanying its “Wolverine” (Rosomak) armored personnel carriers.
    A Polish firm says it has developed incredibly tiny drones that can fly on battlefields for 30 minutes. WB electronics adds that its “Bee” drones don’t just offer surveillance capabilities — they can attack small targets with explosive charges.

Les mer om Polens drone-program her.

Ukraine should resume power supplies to Poland in near future: PM

Ukraine should resume power exports to Poland in the near future in order to help the country overcome power shortages, the prime minister said Thursday.

Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk ordered the Energy and Coal Industry Ministry to take immediate steps to ensure maximum possible supplies of power to Poland, the government said in a statement.

"We have to support our friends in Poland and do everything possible to help our partners to stabilize the situation in the country's energy sector as soon as possible," Yatseniuk said in a statement.

Les hele artikkelen her.
    Milforum-News
    Nyhetspubliserer

Besøk vår nettbutikk

Nyhetspubliserer
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    4 innlegg
    Sitert
    24 innlegg
    PONDUS
    Basert på brukerens evne til å gi ris/ros (stjerna), mottatte likes, antall innlegg og fartstid

Sv: Fokus: Polen -

Stratfor (2012)
    Poland's Strategy

By George Friedman
    Polish national strategy pivots around a single, existential issue: how to preserve its national identity and independence. Located on the oft-invaded North European Plain, Poland's existence is heavily susceptible to the moves of major Eurasian powers. Therefore, Polish history has been erratic, with Poland moving from independence — even regional dominance — to simply disappearing from the map, surviving only in language and memory before emerging once again.

Poland has three strategies available to it. The first is to do everything it can to keep NATO and the European Union viable and Germany contained within them. Poland doesn't have the power to ensure this. The second is to create a relationship with Germany or Russia that guarantees its interests. Obviously, the ability to maintain those relationships is limited. The third strategy is to find an outside power prepared to guarantee its interests.

Les hele analysen her.
    Milforum-News
    Nyhetspubliserer

Besøk vår nettbutikk

Nyhetspubliserer
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    4 innlegg
    Sitert
    24 innlegg
    PONDUS

Sv: Fokus: Polen - en fremtidens stormakt i EU?

Faktaside om Polen hos Globalis.no

Oppdatert august 2014

Polen er et land med en lang og spennende historie. Landet var på høyden av sin makt på 1200-tallet. Deretter har veien til selvstendighet og stabilitet vært humpete. I dag har Polen medlemskap i EU, og bidrar som unionens 6. største økonomi. Den høye arbeidsledigheten er en oppgave landet må løse.

Polen er en demokratisk republikk. Presidenten velges gjennom frie valg for en periode på fem år. Det politiske livet i dagens Polen er låst mellom to partier: det liberale og EU vennlige Medborger plattformen (PO) og det mer nasjonalistisk orienterte partiet Lov og Rettferdighet (PiS). Det politiske systemet har de seneste årene vært preget av krangler i partiene, mellom partiene, og korrupsjon. Dette har gjort at mange polakker har liten tillit til politikerne i landet. Liten tro på at hver enkelt kan skape forandring gjør at mange lar være å stemme ved valg.

På grunn av at Polen er så flatt, har Polen vært et strategisk sted å utkjempe kamper og slag. I tillegg til landets plassering mellom Russland og Vest-Europa. Polen var det første landet som ble angrepet av Hitler under 2. verdenskrig. En krig som skulle utvikle seg til en katastrofe for Polen. Seks millioner polakker, de fleste av dem jøder, ble drept og hovedstaden Warsawa ble lagt i ruiner. Flere av nazistenes konsentrasjonsleirer lå på polsk jord, okkupert av nazistene. Da 2. verdenskrig var over endret Polens grenser seg igjen. Store områder forble russisk territorium, men som erstatning tok Polen over områder fra det østlige Tyskland.

Link til faktasiden.
    Om Globalis.
    Milforum-News
    Nyhetspubliserer

Besøk vår nettbutikk

Sjefssersjant
    Ble medlem
    Mar 2005
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    76 innlegg
    Sitert
    425 innlegg
    PONDUS

Poland: Military Superpower? | Acumen | OZY

Oversiktsartikkel om Polsk opprustning fra Ozy. Polen hadde størst vekst i forsvarsbudsjettet av samtlige europeiske land utenom Ukraina i 2014.
    The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read

Moderator/Årets milforumist 2016

Ble medlem
    Nov 2005
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    94 innlegg
    Sitert
    259 innlegg
    PONDUS

Litt korreks til Globalis. Polen avgav ikke noe territorium til Russland (den Russiske Sovjetrepubliken/Føderasjonen), men til tre andre republikker.
    Minsk, det nye Utopia

Sjefssersjant
    Ble medlem
    Mar 2005
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    76 innlegg
    Sitert
    425 innlegg
    PONDUS

Får litt sånn geografiprosjekt på videregående-vibber av Globalis.
    The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read

Nyhetspubliserer
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    4 innlegg
    Sitert
    24 innlegg
    PONDUS

Fra Stratfor:

More of the Same Polish Foreign Policy

Geopolitical Diary

Poland's new president has wasted no time making his mark, and his anti-Russia rhetoric has led some to speculate that Poland's foreign policy is in for a radical change. On Aug. 23, Polish President Andrzej Duda visited Estonia in his first trip abroad as head of state. The visit was highly symbolic for two reasons. First, the selection of Estonia reflects Poland's traditional view of the Baltics as its natural sphere of influence. Second, during the trip Duda repeatedly vowed to push for a permanent NATO presence in Central and Eastern Europe, a move that would create friction with Russia and Germany. The Polish president plans to make his request again during his visit to Germany later this month and to the United States in September.

So, while Poland's October elections may indeed put a new party in power, they will not change the fact that Warsaw's options are limited, no matter who is in charge.
    Les resten av artikkelen her.
    Milforum-News
    Nyhetspubliserer

Besøk vår nettbutikk

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2011
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    14 innlegg
    Sitert
    118 innlegg
    PONDUS

- Putzes in da house.

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2011
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    14 innlegg
    Sitert
    118 innlegg
    PONDUS

Sv: Polen planlegger å bruke $ 40 milliarder på militært utstyr de neste åtte årene

Poland To Acquire Mobile Battlefield Recon Radars

Poland To Acquire Mobile Battlefield Recon Radars

WARSAW — Poland’s Ministry of Defense launched a tender to acquire 104 new battlefield reconnaissance radars, with bids to be submitted by Oct. 21.

The ministry’s Armament Inspectorate said in a statement it will select five bidders who will be invited to the next stage of the procedure. Deliveries are scheduled to be completed by 2023.

According to the initial technical requirements for the procurement, which were released last year, the radars are to enhance the mobile surveillance capability of the Polish military. They are to weigh no more than 25 kilograms each and be operable by a maximum of two troops.

The equipment should be able to detect troops within a 10-kilometer radius, helicopters and light military vehicles within a radius of 15 kilometer, and tanks within a 24-kilometer radius, according to the released document. The radars should be able to operate in the 10 GHz to18 GHz spectrum.

The estimated value of the planned procurement, which is to be carried out as part of Poland’s ongoing military modernization efforts, was not disclosed by the ministry. The country’s military upgrade and overhaul program for 2013 to 2022 is to total some 139 billion zloty (US $36.9 billion).