May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    4 innlegg
    Sitert
    25 innlegg
    PONDUS
    Basert på brukerens evne til å gi ris/ros (stjerna), mottatte likes, antall innlegg og fartstid

Lightbulb Fokus: USA Nyheter og analyser om USAs militære strategi og operasjoner

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Martin E. Dempsey and Defense Secretary Ash Carter brief the press at the Pentagon, July 1, 2015. DoD photo by U.S. Navy Petty Officer 1st Class Daniel Hinton

US National Military Strategy

Dempsey Releases National Military Strategy

Se vedlagte PDF for det offentlige strategidokumentet. Hentet fra denne linken.

WASHINGTON, July 01, 2015 — The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff cannot predict exactly where the next threat to the United States and its interests may come from, but he knows it will happen faster than in the past and the U.S. military must be prepared.
    The National Military Strategy released today by Army Gen. Martin E. Dempsey provides the blueprint for how the military will use its forces to protect and advance U.S. national and security interests.

“Globalization, diffusion of technology, and demographic shifts are driving rapid change as state actors and trans-regional networks challenge order and stability,” said Dempsey. “This strategy addresses these dynamics and our strategy to ensure that our force remains the best-led, trained and equipped military on the planet.”

The National Military Strategy follows the release of the 2015 National Security Strategy in February this year, as well as the 2014 Quadrennial Defense Review.

The strategy recognizes that the application of military power versus traditional state threats is far different than military power against non-state actors. It also posits that the most likely scenario is prolonged campaigns rather than short, intense battles.

The strategy also states that as a “hedge against unpredictability with reduced resources we may have to adjust our global posture.”

According to the strategy document, the U.S. military also must be ready to counter “revisionist states” such as Russia that are challenging international norms as well as violent extremist organizations such as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

“We are working with allies to deter, deny and -- when necessary -- defeat potential state adversaries,” the document says. But at the same time, the U.S. military is building and leading an extensive network to take on ISIL.
    Globalization is allowing people and technology to move around the world in a way never seen before, complicating an already complex security situation, according to the strategy. Globalization has positive effects in stimulating trade and making many nations prosperous, but it also can exacerbate social tensions, cause competition for resources and may engender political instability.

Technology speeds everything up. The strategy noted that individuals and groups, today, have more information at their beck and call than governments had in the past.

While the document notes Russia’s contributions in some security areas such as counternarcotics and counterterrorism, it also points to that nation’s willingness to use force to achieve its goals.

“It also has repeatedly demonstrated that it does not respect the sovereignty of its neighbors,” the strategy states. “Russia’s military actions are undermining regional security directly and through proxy forces.”
    But Russia is not the only country of concern in the strategy document.

Iran’s nuclear program worries American allies in the region and beyond, according to the strategy. Iran sponsors terrorist groups in the region and is active in Syria, Iraq, Yemen and Lebanon.

North Korea remains an outlaw state that has developed atomic weapons and is building missiles capable of reaching the United States.

China is in a different class, but could be a threat to the United States, according to the strategy. It is a rising great power and the strategy encourages China “to become a partner for greater international security.”
    Still, Chinese actions in the South China Sea are worrisome.

It is a complex strategic environment and the U.S. military cannot focus on one threat to the exclusion of all others, according to the strategy.

“[The U.S. military] must provide a full range of military options for addressing both revisionist states and [violent extremist organizations],” the strategy says. “Failure to do so will result in greater risk to our nation and the international order.”

Nedlastbar PDF-fil:
    2015_National_Military_Strategy.pdf

Relaterte lenker:

National Military Strategy (United States)

Dempsey Discusses New Military Strategy, ISIL

Breaking News from the DOD

Ikke uventet, så strømmer reaksjonene inn fra hele verden rundt dette betydningsfulle dokumentet:

Russland:

Russia calls new U.S. military strategy confrontational

"Russia's military actions are undermining regional security directly and through proxy forces," it added, naming Russia among "revisionist-minded" states.

Asked about the new strategy during a conference call with reporters, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov expressed regret.
    "The use of such language in this document points, shall we say, to what is probably a confrontational attitude devoid of any objectivity towards our country," he said.
    Les artikkelen fra Reuters her.

US Actions the Catalyst for Rising Global Disorder
    Asked to comment on the new strategy document's calling out of Iran as a nuclear weapons-seeking threat to world peace, Becker noted that "it demonstrates a schizophrenic presentation by the US establishment on Iran at the very moment that the United States government, through the Secretary of State, is engaged in long-term negotiations with Iran" over its peaceful energy program.
    Les hele artikkelen fra Sputnik News her.

RT:
    Pentagon lists Russia, ISIS as major threats in new military strategy

RT:
    New US military strategy: ‘Russia, China - threat to unipolar domination fantasy’

Link

Kremlin Regrets New US Military Strategy Targeting Russia

Kina

China angered by new U.S. military strategy report

BEIJING (Reuters) - China's Foreign Ministry expressed anger on Friday after the Pentagon's updated National Military Strategy slammed Chinese claims in the South China Sea as aggressive and inconsistent with international law. China has become increasingly assertive in the South China Sea, building artificial islands in areas where the Philippines and other countries have rival claims, sparking alarm regionally and in Washington.

"China's actions are adding tension to the Asia-Pacific region," says the paper, released this week in the first update of the strategy since 2011, making specific reference to China's "aggressive land reclamation efforts" in the South China Sea.
    Les hele artikkelen her.

Confronting China’s 'New' Military Challenge in the South China Sea

Iran

US military making provocative moves against Russia, China: Analyst

Probability of US fighting war against Russia growing: Pentagon

Russia slams ‘confrontational’ tone of US military strategy

Nord-Korea

North Korea Times:
    In new strategy, US to deepen security ties with India

On North Korea, the general said: "North Korea's pursuit of nuclear weapons and ballistic missile technologies also contradicts repeated demands by the international community to cease such efforts."

"These capabilities directly threaten its neighbours, especially the Republic of Korea (South Korea) and Japan. In time, they will threaten the US homeland as well. North Korea also has conducted cyber attacks, including causing major damage to a US corporation."
    Les hele artikkelen her.

Andre kommentarer
    US military strategy for world domination targets Russia and China

America’s new military strategy singles out states like China and Russia as aggressive and threatening to US security interests

In new strategy, US to deepen security ties with India

US military making provocative moves against Russia, China: Analyst

Pentagon confident of U.S. strategy for countering ISIS despite recent setbacks

Five Scary Takeaways from Dempsey’s Final Defense Assessment
    Milforum-News
    Nyhetspubliserer

Besøk vår nettbutikk

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2011
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    14 innlegg
    Sitert
    118 innlegg
    PONDUS
    Basert på brukerens evne til å gi ris/ros (stjerna), mottatte likes, antall innlegg og fartstid

Sv: USA: US National Military Strategy

PHOTO: JOSHUA ROBERTS/REUTERS

Mens kidsa leker i bassenget og far har ro under parasollen, kan det betraktes litt rundt beskrivelsen USAs avtroppende forsvarssjef general Martin Dempsey nylig kom med om den globale sikkerhetsutfordringen verden står over for. I forordet til den nye militære strategien til USA som kom nå i juni, skriver han:
    Today’s global security environment is the most unpredictable I have seen in 40 years of service. Since the last National Military Strategy was published in 2011, global disorder hassignificantly increased while some of our comparative military advantage has begun to erode.
    At andre nasjoner puster USA i nakken, eller på enkelte områder har dratt fra, er sikkert innafor å antyde. Siste del i setningen er for min del veldig interessant med tanke på nettopp det våpenkappløp som nå er igang såvel her hjemme som i NATO generelt og de utallige motstanderne rundt omkring. På samme tid uttaler NATO-sjefen at vi ikke skal dras med i nettopp et våpenkappløp med Russland, og i en artikkel i Bloomberg Business kommenterer William Perry (eks FMIN under Clinton og kjent for å være opptatt av bedrede forhold USA/Russland samt motstander av atomvåpen) følgende om det våpenkappløp som nå er igang:

“Instead of talking with each other we’re shouting at each other,” said Perry, who helped lay the groundwork for NATO expansion in eastern Europe during the Clinton presidency. “We have to recognize that Russia is a great nation, that some of the things we’ve done in the past have undermined the relationship.”
    Og i USA Today skrev David A. Andelman følgende om det komplekse våpenkappløpet som nå er i full gang:
    Today's new arms race is not just with Russia, but an integral part of today's multipolar world. And certainly it's more expensive, in part because of the multinational, multidimensional threats.
    Den retorikkbruk og "skrikingen til hverandre" som Perry er inne på over som nå utspiller seg i propagandakrigen i alle kanaler, er det ingen tvil for min del at det spilles bevist på det mest elementære i vår natur, nemlig frykt Målsetting er åpenbart å få økte midler til opprustning i alle leire. Som makten i ordvalgene til generalen og hans stab ref over: "some of our comparative military advantage has begun to erode" - et klart fryktsignal om at "får ikke Forsvaret nok midler raskt, så vi får modernisert eksisterende kapasiteter og utviklet nye supervåpen raskt, ligger vi bak Russland, Kina, Iran og Nord-Korea m.fler" og implisitt sagt, vil det amerikanerne er svært så stolte av, USAs "mighty military", være historie. Og kampen om kronene er reell i USA, for det er ikke udelt positive tomler opp for økte utgifter til forsvarssektoren hvor det til og med snakkes om ønske om reduksjoner i forsvarsbudsjettene fra de konservative vs NATO-krav om 2 % ramme. Dårlig nytt for Forsvaret - de ønsker/trenger betydelig mengder av cash som beskrevet i denne artikkelen:
    Deputy Defense Secretary Robert Work told the House Armed Services Committee on Thursday that the cost for all that modernization would average $18 billion a year from 2021 through 2035 — or $252 billion over that 14-year period.
    For USAs allierte, særlig NATO og Norge, tror jeg slike uttalelser som Dempsey skriver i forordet sitt, litt forenklet sagt, er med på å legge sterkt press, med få ord, på behovet økte budsjetter og det litt brennraskt. Stadig ser vi nyheter, ofte med skremselsoverskrifter om at nasjoner som Russland og Kina har satt i gang svært så ekspansive og raske oppbygninger av militære kapasiteter. Alt skjer nå sånn plutselig virker det som.

Et kritisk hode ved lesning av "uavhengige" analyser blir stadig viktigere i dagens situasjon. Som feks den nylige dystre/mørke analysen kalt "The Coming Storm" laget av Edward Lucas i CEPA, med antatt særlig mål om påvirkning av Norge, Sverige, Finland og de baltiske stater, med forord som inneholder
    For their part, NATO countries in the region are nervous about military cooperation with non-NATO countries. As both Sweden and Finland are strong U.S. allies, American leadership can overcome this
    . NRK gjorde en interessant kildekritisk research rundt hvem CEPA og dets personell og nettverk er, hvor det ble avdekket nære bånd til det Hvite Hus og Obama-administrasjonen. Dette understreker behovet for god gammeldags kildekritikk ved lesning av alle typer analyser, artikler og uttalelser. Her uttalte førsteamunensis ved handelshøgskolen BI, Haavard Koppang følgende til NRK om CEPA-analysen
    – Ja, jeg synes det bærer preg av elementer av, i anførselstegn, «god gammeldags propaganda»
    I disse tider er det rett og slett ikke godt å vite hvem man egentlig kan stole på vs hva man leser. Man må tenke sjæl ut fra alt man leser og sunt bondevett & rasjonell tenkning. Selv når analyser og kommentarer kommer fra ens egne troverdige rekker, det være seg allierte, "uavhengige" tenke-tanker, våre egne militære og politiske ledere m.fler, bør man reflektere litt over et par sentrale spørsmål:

- Hvem er den egentlige avsender?
    - Hvor upartisk og uavhengig er avsender egentlig?
    - Hva er den egentlige hensikt med artikkelen?

Det er også interessant å reflektere over hvem som defacto tjener på militær opprustning rundt omkring i verden. Altså økonomisk, med skråblikk til økt beskyttelse av vitale energikilder/forsyninger. Hvilke åpne kjente bånd har de ulike aktørene til de respektive lands politiske ledelse, beslutningstakere og lobbyapparat? Her finnes det sikkert noen gode analyser og kommentarer på nett.

Her hjemme, hvor det i disse tider åpenbart lekker som ei sil hos Forsvarsstaben igjennom nettstedet Aldrimer.no, beskrives det en intern drakamp og maktspill om ressurser til Forsvaret. Er lekkasjene fra Aldrimer.no defacto styrte (og således svært høyt spill...) lekkasjer fra øverste hold i Forsvarstaben med hensikt å påvirke opinionen og presset mot FMIN/Stortinget, eller noen lavere ned i kjeden valgt å varsle videre hvis hensikt er å beskytte Forsvaret, eller har dokumentene rett og slett kommet på avveie ved en feilsending (jeg utelukker egentlig hacking av ørti årsaker) og så blitt publisert? Etter sigende pågår det en intern granskning av lekkasjene, skriver VGs politiske kommentaror Fritjof Jacobsen i sin kronikk i VG i går:
    Lekkasjene har utløst sinne og frustrasjon i forsvarsledelsen, og blir etter det jeg forstår nå etterforsket internt.
    Det faktum at USA til har hatt over 1/5 del av sine styrker i Stillehavsregionen og signaler som til nå har gitt uttrykk for at Europa må klare seg mer selv ved eventuelle konflikter, tross påfølgende beroligelser fra Obama om at USA selvsagt står bak NATO 100 %, gjør jo også sitt til at de europeiske landene ønsker å styrke sine egne forsvarskapasiteter herunder økte bevilgninger og budsjetter. - Vi kan jo ikke stå alene når Putin kommer? Og det er klart at jo bedre Europa klarer å forsvare seg selv, jo mindre må USA trå til med, og det er kanskje helt ok da de jo er engasjert en hel haug med andre steder på kloden hvor maktbalansene endres. Godt beskrevet her i en interessant betraktning fra britiske The Statesman og artikkelen Farewell to the American century:

The US has withdrawn from Afghanistan while China has stepped up its talks with the Taliban about a new political settlement. An Islamist state is being carved out of Iraq and Syria under America’s nose. The “ugly Chinaman” has replaced the “ugly American” as the face of capitalist expansionism in Africa. And while Russian special forces destabilise Ukraine, Angela Merkel and François Hollande negotiate with Vladimir Putin, with Barack Obama nowhere to be seen. Even in the Asia-Pacific region – towards which the US is pivoting – China is changing the balance of power. A new world is emerging, in which a multitude of powers are competing with each other through hybrid wars, economic sanctions and naval manoeuvring. It is a world in which economic globalisation is powered by Chinese as much as western capital.
    Ved å spille å frykt for nasjonens og vestens sikkerhet, sammen med en strøm av bias og nonbias (velger å tilføre "uavhengige"...) analyser og innslag om skumle nasjoners antatte mål og plutselige/raske militære opprustninger hos land som Russland, Nord-Korea, Kina og Irans, er våpenkappløpet definitivt i full gang.

Source: AP

Indeed spennende tider ahead. Den etter alt og dømme nye påtroppende forsvarssjefen i USA, general Joseph Dunford, populært kalt Fighting Joe (!), sies å være ganske så lik sin forgjenger, og med særlig styrke mot Asia, og med det for øyet, blir neppe ordskille og våpenkappløpet avtagende utover høsten. - The race is on!
    - Putzes in da house.

Stabssersjant
    Ble medlem
    Mar 2005
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    72 innlegg
    Sitert
    436 innlegg
    PONDUS

Her kan det jo være bra å minne om psyops-kurset til NROF i oktober. Kurs

Enten du nå går på det for å forstå bedre hva som skjer bak informasjonen du får, eller for å kunne påvirke selv.
    "Gjør Ret, Frygt Intet"

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2011
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    14 innlegg
    Sitert
    118 innlegg
    PONDUS

USA: US National Military Strategy

National Military Strategy 2015

The Rand Corporation's Andrew Hoehn, the Heritage Foundation's Dakota Wood, and the Center for a New American Security's Jerry Hendrix discuss the Pentagon's 2015 national military strategy.

Defense News - National Military Strategy 2015

Powered by Tapatalk på iPhone
    - Putzes in da house.

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2011
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    14 innlegg
    Sitert
    118 innlegg
    PONDUS

Skal si CENTCOM har og har hatt litt av en sentral rolle i det amerikanske forsvaret herunder utenrikspolitikk...

Først et par kart man selvsagt bare printe ut, ramme inn og smelle opp i stua:

Navn:		1-a-centcom-map2.jpg
Visninger:	521
Størrelse:	548,7 KB

Navn:		centcom-map.jpg
Visninger:	518
Størrelse:	113,6 KB

Hentet fra denne siden.

Wikipedia om CENTCOM:

The United States Central Command (USCENTCOM or CENTCOM) is a theater-level Unified Combatant Command of the U.S. Department of Defense, established in 1983, taking over the 1980 Rapid Deployment Joint Task Force (RDJTF) responsibilities.

The CENTCOM Area of Responsibility (AOR) includes countries in the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia, most notably Afghanistan and Iraq. CENTCOM has been the main American presence in many military operations, including the Persian Gulf War, the War in Afghanistan (2001–present), and the Iraq War. As of 2015 CENTCOM forces are deployed primarily in Iraq and Afghanistan in combat roles and have support roles at bases in Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Pakistan, and central Asia. CENTCOM forces have also been deployed in Jordan, and Saudi Arabia in the past, with a small presence remaining there as of 2009.

As of 22 March 2013 CENTCOM's commander is General Lloyd J. Austin, U.S. Army.
    Of all 6 American regional unified combatant commands CENTCOM is among the three with headquarters outside its area of operations. CENTCOM's main headquarters is located at MacDill Air Force Base, in Tampa, Florida. A forward headquarters was established in 2002 at Camp As Sayliyah in Doha, Qatar, which in 2009 transitioned to a forward headquarters at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar to serve American strategic interests. On 12 January, 2015, CENTCOM's Twitter and YouTube accounts were hacked.[2]

Area of responsibiliy som CENTCOM opererer under:

Navn:		mapMidEast.jpg
Visninger:	527
Størrelse:	101,8 KB

Og til slutt og ikke minst #pipelinemanagement, vakkert beskrevet:

Navn:		chinaseconomic.jpg
Størrelse:	116,3 KB
    China’s Economic & Strategic Interests in CENTCOM’s Area of Responsibility: Assessment & policy recommendations

China’s recent operation to evacuate its citizens in Libya saw PLA ships and aircraft pass through the U.S. Central Command’s (CENTCOM) area of responsibility (AOR), suggesting that contact between the U.S. and Chinese militaries in the Middle East is likely to increase. To help policymakers, we give a brief rundown of China’s strategic and economic interests in countries within the CENTCOM AOR. As Exhibit 1 (below) shows, energy is a key interest, with countries in the AOR accounting for more than 2.2 million bpd of oil supply to China in 2010 (~45% of China’s total oil imports).

Les til øyet blir vått her.
    - Putzes in da house.

Nyhetspubliserer
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    4 innlegg
    Sitert
    25 innlegg
    PONDUS

Sv: Fokus: USA Nyheter og analyser om USAs militære strategi og operasjoner

Navn:		jTXNOur.png
Visninger:	500
Størrelse:	2,96 MB

FACT SHEET#5 (Full version)

the UNITED STATES AIR FORCE

Organized by Squadrons,

(and Flights / Air Groups).

Kilde: Contemporary Issues & Geography: (image intensive) USAF complete aircraft fleet

(en side med mye snacks for de som vet hva de liker)
    Milforum-News
    Nyhetspubliserer

Besøk vår nettbutikk

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2011
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    14 innlegg
    Sitert
    118 innlegg
    PONDUS

- Putzes in da house.

Nyhetspubliserer
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    4 innlegg
    Sitert
    25 innlegg
    PONDUS

Pentagon prepares for century of climate emergencies and oil wars

US Army research reveals the military’s latest strategies to safeguard the global fossil fuel system from threat of scarcity and climate disruption. The US Army is preparing for a new era of war for oil.

While energy has always played a role in military conflicts, US military experts believe the geopolitics of energy, land and water is increasingly central to who rules, or ruins, the world.

Two research documents published in recent months by the US Army reveal the military establishment’s latest thinking in startlingly frank terms. The research not only lends credence to environmental warnings about how climate change will fuel political instability, but also vindicates concerns about how looming resource shortages could destabilise the global economy.

Energy wars

The imperative to protect business-as-usual is reflected in a separate report published by the US Army’s institute for geostrategic and national security research.

That report, New Realities: Energy Security in the 2010s and Implications for the US Military, forecasts a bold new century of conflict over global energy supplies, due to dramatic shifts in the way energy is produced and consumed in key regions.

Les resten av artikkelen her.
    Milforum-News
    Nyhetspubliserer

Besøk vår nettbutikk

Nyhetspubliserer
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    4 innlegg
    Sitert
    25 innlegg
    PONDUS

Navn:		MQ-1-Latvia.jpg
Visninger:	453
Størrelse:	78,2 KB

Whilst everyone watched the F-22s arriving in Germany, U.S. Predator drones deployed to Latvia

“This is not a one-time operating zone. We created an airspace arrangement that is enduring, so when we need to go back, it will be available.”

Les hele artikkelen her.
    Milforum-News
    Nyhetspubliserer

Besøk vår nettbutikk

Nyhetspubliserer
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    4 innlegg
    Sitert
    25 innlegg
    PONDUS

With Alaska's Chugach Mountains as a backdrop, an F-22 taxis on the runway. F-22s are used to monitor Russian aircraft. (Michael Dinneen / For The Times)
    U.S. builds up Arctic spy network as Russia and China increase presence

As China and Russia boost their military presence in the resource-rich far north, U.S. intelligence agencies are scrambling to study potential threats in the Arctic for the first time since the Cold War, a sign of the region's growing strategic importance.

Over the last 14 months, most of the 16 U.S. intelligence agencies have assigned analysts to work full time on the Arctic. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence recently convened a "strategy board" to bring the analysts together to share their findings.
    In addition to relying on U.S. spy satellites orbiting overhead and Navy sensors deep in the frigid waters, the analysts process raw intelligence from a recently overhauled Canadian listening post near the North Pole and a Norwegian surveillance ship called the Marjata, which is now being upgraded at a U.S. Navy shipyard in southern Virginia.

Les resten av artikkelen her.
    Milforum-News
    Nyhetspubliserer

Besøk vår nettbutikk

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2011
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    14 innlegg
    Sitert
    118 innlegg
    PONDUS

- Putzes in da house.

Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    66 innlegg
    Sitert
    534 innlegg
    PONDUS

U.S. Military to Reopen Base in Iceland? | Iceland Review

The U.S. government has expressed its opinion to Icelandic authorities that considering increased Russian aggression there may be reason to reopen the U.S. Navy base in Iceland; the U.S. Armed Forces operated the Naval Air Station in Keflavík as a NATO base from 1951 to 2006. Its location was considered to be of great importance during the Cold War.
    Odd objects attract fire. You are odd.

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2011
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    14 innlegg
    Sitert
    118 innlegg
    PONDUS

Obama nominates openly gay man to lead Army
    Obama nominates openly gay man to lead Army - CNNPolitics.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    - Putzes in da house.

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2011
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    14 innlegg
    Sitert
    118 innlegg
    PONDUS

Blir interessant si Check out this article from Defense News:

Boehner's exit raises uncertainty on budget moves

http://militari.ly/1FlUYGg

Powered by Tapatalk på iPhone
    - Putzes in da house.

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2011
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    14 innlegg
    Sitert
    118 innlegg
    PONDUS

Fokus: USA Nyheter og analyser om USAs militære strategi og operasjoner

Pentagon Blocks JSTARS Move To Demo Phase

One analyst and defense industry consultant, Loren Thompson, offered another possible reason for the holdup: Certain Pentagon officials are pushing for an unmanned aircraft to replace the current JSTARS fleet.

[url=http://defnews.ly/1FAeQp3]Pentagon Blocks JSTARS Move To Demo
    - Putzes in da house.

Administrator
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    169 innlegg
    Sitert
    459 innlegg
    PONDUS

With President Watching, General Dempsey Drops Mic, Walks Off Stage In Epic Retirement Performance

by Scott Faith

General (retired) Martin Dempsey was a soldier’s soldier. Throughout his career, and especially during his time as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, he commanded enormous respect both within the military and within the Beltway. Among Dempsey’s many accomplishments include command of 1st Armored Division, V Corps, CENTCOM, and TRADOC. He was also the Chief of Staff of the Army.

No shrinking violet or armchair general, the former Armor officer is a multi-tour combat veteran who commanded the Multi-National Security Transition Command-Iraq (MNSTCI), and earned both a Combat Action Badge and a Bronze Star with “V” device for valor. He also has more than a half-dozen combat stripes crawling up the right sleeve of his Army Service Uniform.

Sjekk video hvor han synger en trall:

Navn:		With_President_Watching,_General_Dempsey_Drops_Mic,_Walks_Off_Stage_In_Epic_Retirement_Performan.jpg
Visninger:	375
Størrelse:	224,2 KB

With President Watching, General Dempsey Drops Mic, Walks Off Stage In Epic Retirement Performance
    admin
    Milforum

Kryptert e-post mottak: milforum@protonmail.com

Administrator
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    169 innlegg
    Sitert
    459 innlegg
    PONDUS

admin
    Milforum

Administrator
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    169 innlegg
    Sitert
    459 innlegg
    PONDUS

Ikke bare i Norge det er usikkerhet rundt fremtidens forsvar. Her fra USA og US Army...

Navn:		635793137323936593-Apache.jpg
Visninger:	348
Størrelse:	26,6 KB

Three US Army AH 64D Apache helicopters land at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas, for refueling en route to Fort Carson, Colo., on Aug. 14, 2014.(Photo: Danny Webb/US Air Force)

Lawmakers Concerned Army Commission Headed In Wrong Direction

"We refuse to believe that the Army honestly thinks that it does not need an operational reserve in attack aviation," the letter states. "ARI is a poorly thought out, ill-informed, budget-driven plan that strips the National Guard of its attack capability and relegates them to the sidelines of the fight."

Lawmakers Concerned Army Commission Headed In Wrong Direction
    admin
    Milforum

Administrator
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    169 innlegg
    Sitert
    459 innlegg
    PONDUS

Shipbuilder: We Need Navy's Answers on SSBN(X) Subs Acquisition Plan

“I cannot honestly tell you that I understand what has happened in the last six months since we turned in that recommendation,” Casey said. “I am not privy to the internal Navy deliberations. There are people that have said it will be done by the end of the year.”

General Dynamics: We Need Navy's Answers on SSBN(X) Subs Acquisition Plan

admin - Milforum
    Sjekk vår nettbutikk Nettbutikk Milforum - det militære nettsamfunnet
    admin
    Milforum

Nyhetspubliserer
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    4 innlegg
    Sitert
    25 innlegg
    PONDUS

Navn:		635797311321575465-DFN-bomber-avenger.jpg
Visninger:	328
Størrelse:	47,0 KB
    (Photo: US Navy concept/Wikimedia)
    USAF in ‘Final Closing Phase’ of Bomber Contract

WASHINGTON — The US Air Force is in the final phase of discussion before awarding a contract for the next-generation bomber, and expects an announcement very soon.

“We’re in the final closing phase and it’s going well and you should expect to hear something pretty soon,” William LaPlante, assistant secretary of the Air Force for acquisition, said during an event hosted by Defense One on Tuesday.

The Pentagon is taking measures to ensure the LRS-B program does not go the way of A-12 by focusing on using mature technologies rather than launching new developments.
    Milforum-News
    Nyhetspubliserer

Besøk vår nettbutikk

Administrator
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    169 innlegg
    Sitert
    459 innlegg
    PONDUS

McCain said Democrats and the White House would do better to focus on the appropriations process and budget talks, which recently started. Instead, he said, the president’s “ludicrous” approach is, “holding military men and women hostage to the whims of our dysfunctional politics.”

Check out this article from Defense News:

NDAA Passes Senate, Threatened Veto Up Next

NDAA Passes Senate, Threatened Veto Up Next

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    admin
    Milforum

Administrator
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    169 innlegg
    Sitert
    459 innlegg
    PONDUS

A US aircraft carrier responsible for 1,182 combat sorties against ISIS has left the Persian Gulf - Business Insider

Anonymous Naval officials have also told the Navy Times that although the absence of an aircraft carrier in the region will be a setback, it is necessary for the Navy to redeploy the CSG in order to continue to operate with a decreased budget.

admin - Milforum
    Sjekk vår nettbutikk Nettbutikk Milforum - det militære nettsamfunnet
    admin
    Milforum

Administrator
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    169 innlegg
    Sitert
    459 innlegg
    PONDUS

It has been 25,640 days since an American soldier died in a war declared by the United States Congress.
That soldier was Anthony Marchione, 19, who signed up to fight for the U.S. Army in 1943.

It has been 25,640 days since an American soldier died in a war declared by Congress - The Washington Post

admin - Milforum

Sjekk nettbutikken vår:
    Nettbutikk Milforum - det militære nettsamfunnet
    admin
    Milforum

Administrator
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    169 innlegg
    Sitert
    459 innlegg
    PONDUS

admin
    Milforum

Administrator
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    169 innlegg
    Sitert
    459 innlegg
    PONDUS

Congress Considers the Carrier 'Gap'

There is no US carrier operating today in the Middle East, a situation that is the product of several years of high-tempo operations and the need to catch up on major maintenance put off to sustain that pace.

admin - Milforum

Sjekk nettbutikken vår:
    admin
    Milforum

Oversersjant
    Ble medlem
    Sep 2007
    Nevnt
    92 innlegg
    Sitert
    504 innlegg
    PONDUS

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av admin Vis post

There is no US carrier operating today in the Middle East, a situation that is the product of several years of high-tempo operations and the need to catch up on major maintenance put off to sustain that pace.

admin - Milforum

Sjekk nettbutikken vår:
    Lol! de har flere hangarfartøyer enn resten av verden tilsammen. Hver av disse igjen har flere kampfly enn de fleste land har militære fly.
    Død ved Kølle!

Sersjant
    Ble medlem
    Mar 2008
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    15 innlegg
    Sitert
    135 innlegg
    PONDUS

hvor mange landbaserte fly har de i midtøsten for tiden egentlig?

Sent fra min D5803 via Tapatalk

Nyhetspubliserer
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    4 innlegg
    Sitert
    25 innlegg
    PONDUS

God stemning over dammen - via Defensenews:

Navn:		635815635328124442-Northrop-LSRB-bomber-01b.jpg
Visninger:	308
Størrelse:	15,1 KB
    (Photo: Northrop Grumman)

Boeing Protests Northrop's Long Range Strike Bomber Contract

WASHINGTON — Boeing, which along with partner Lockheed Martin submitted the losing bid in the competition to build the US Air Force's new Long Range Strike Bomber, filed a protest Friday with the Government Accountability Office over the DoD awarding the contract to Northrop Grumman on Oct. 27.

The GAO now has 100 days to review the protest and issue a ruling.

Northrop Grumman, maker of the stealth B-2 bomber, won the award in part because of a projected cost per plane of $511 million in 2010 dollars, well below the Pentagon’s cost cap of $550 million in 2010 dollars.

Boeing Protests Northrop's Long Range Strike Bomber Contract
    Milforum-News
    Nyhetspubliserer

Besøk vår nettbutikk

Nyhetspubliserer
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    4 innlegg
    Sitert
    25 innlegg
    PONDUS

U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter speaks to the media at the border village of Panmunjom, which has separated the two Koreas since the Korean War, in Paju, South Korea, on Nov. 1, 2015. (AP Photo)
    Carter Says Russia, China Potentially Threaten Global Order

Carter said Russia is undertaking "challenging activities" at sea, in the air, in space and in cyberspace.
    Milforum-News
    Nyhetspubliserer

Besøk vår nettbutikk

Administrator
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    169 innlegg
    Sitert
    459 innlegg
    PONDUS

Dagbladet følger opp ref over:

Pentagon-sjefen med tøffeste angrep siden Den kalde krigen: - Putins atomrasling truer verdensfreden - nyheter - Dagbladet.no

Pentagon-sjefen med tøffeste angrep siden Den kalde krigen: - Putins atomrasling truer verdensfreden

- Vi prøver ikke å gjøre Russland til en fiende, sier USAs forsvarsminister Ash Carter.

admin
    Milforum

Administrator
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    169 innlegg
    Sitert
    459 innlegg
    PONDUS

Analysts, Lawmakers Urge DOD to Rethink Electronic Warfare

In a world where long-range guided missiles and sophisticated radars are the norm, analysts and lawmakers are urging the Pentagon to rethink the way it operates in the electromagnetic spectrum to gain new advantages over near-peer competitors, such as Russia and China.

http://www.defensenews.com/story/def...fare/76670716/

Skille

A Glimpse At Tomorrow’s Electromagnetic Spectrum Weapons

http://www.defenseone.com/technology...fenseOneTCO1&&

admin - Milforum
    Milforum

Administrator
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    169 innlegg
    Sitert
    459 innlegg
    PONDUS

The Agenda
    THE CYBER ISSUE
    America’s secret arsenal
    It’s one of the biggest secrets in the government: The U.S. has the most powerful cyberweapons on Earth. So what are they? And when will we use them?

"If you know much about it, [cyber is] very easy to defend against," said Michael Daniel, a special assistant to the president and cybersecurity coordinator at the National Security Council. "Therefore, that’s why we keep a lot of those capabilities very closely guarded

http://www.politico.com/agenda/story...trategy-000331

admin - Milforum
    Milforum

Nyhetspubliserer
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    4 innlegg
    Sitert
    25 innlegg
    PONDUS

Foto: US Navy

3 Admirals Censured in 'Fat Leonard' Scandal

"SECNAV Censures Three Senior Officers
    "(NNS) Washington, DC — Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus has issued Secretarial Letters of Censure to three senior officers following a thorough review into their interactions with Glenn Defense Marine Asia (GDMA) in the 2006-2007 timeframe. GDMA is the subject of a federal fraud and bribery investigation which was initiated by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS).

"Mabus directed the appointment of a Consolidated Disposition Authority in March 2014 to act as an independent authority to review GDMA cases forwarded by the Department of Justice to the Navy for administrative action. The purpose of the CDA, in this case headed by Admiral John Richardson, is to ensure that individuals are held appropriately accountable when less than criminal allegations are substantiated.

" 'All Navy officers, particularly our senior leadership in positions of unique trust and responsibility, must uphold and be held to the highest standards of personal and professional behavior. After reviewing the findings and recommendations of the CDA, I decided that these three officers, whose actions were revealed during the GDMA investigation demonstrated poor judgment and a failure of leadership in prior tours," said Mabus.

"To document their leadership failure, Mabus issued Secretarial Letters of Censure to:

- Rear Adm. Michael Miller, then-Commander, Carrier Strike Group 7 embarked on USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76). Miller is currently serving as a special assistant to the Superintendent of the US Naval Academy.

-Rear Adm. Terry Kraft, then-Commanding Officer, USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76). Kraft is currently serving as Commander, US Naval Forces Japan and Commander, Navy Region Japan.

-Rear Adm. David Pimpo, then-supply officer of USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76). Pimpo is currently serving as Commander, Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) Weapon Systems Support.

"Kraft and Pimpo have since submitted requests to retire. The Navy will now process these two retirement requests and the previously submitted retirement request from Miller.

" 'Censure was both necessary and appropriate," said Mabus. "I have now received the retirement requests of all three officers, and we will process them appropriately."

"These three officers were found to have improperly accepted gifts from a prohibited source, two were found to have improperly endorsed a commercial business, and one engaged in solicitation of gifts and services from a prohibited source, when they were deployed to the Seventh Fleet area of responsibility during the 2006-2007 timeframe.

"The review concluded that these officers violated the Standards of Ethical Conduct, U.S. Navy Regulations, and/or the Joint Ethics Regulation, demonstrating poor judgment and a failure of leadership. More specifically, the review concluded that the solicitation and acceptance of these gifts as well as the inappropriately familiar relationship with Mr. Leonard Glenn Francis, President and Chief Executive Officer of GDMA, cultivated an unacceptable ethical climate within the respective commands.

"Kraft will be replaced by Rear Adm. Matthew J. Carter and Pimpo will be replaced by Rear Adm. Paul J. Verrastro.
    "The GDMA investigation continues by NCIS and the Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS). The United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of California in San Diego and the Department of Justice Criminal Division in Washington, D.C. are leading the prosecution. It is anticipated that they will refer additional cases to the Navy for review and disposition. The Navy will review these matters and take appropriate action. The time of completion is unknown, but it is expected that this process will continue for some time."
    Milforum-News
    Nyhetspubliserer

Besøk vår nettbutikk

Administrator
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    169 innlegg
    Sitert
    459 innlegg
    PONDUS

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av MiniMe Vis post
    Skal si CENTCOM har og har hatt litt av en sentral rolle i det amerikanske forsvaret herunder utenrikspolitikk...

Først et par kart man selvsagt bare printe ut, ramme inn og smelle opp i stua:

Navn:		1-a-centcom-map2.jpg
Visninger:	521
Størrelse:	548,7 KB

Navn:		centcom-map.jpg
Størrelse:	113,6 KB

Hentet fra denne siden.

Wikipedia om CENTCOM:

The United States Central Command (USCENTCOM or CENTCOM) is a theater-level Unified Combatant Command of the U.S. Department of Defense, established in 1983, taking over the 1980 Rapid Deployment Joint Task Force (RDJTF) responsibilities.

The CENTCOM Area of Responsibility (AOR) includes countries in the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia, most notably Afghanistan and Iraq. CENTCOM has been the main American presence in many military operations, including the Persian Gulf War, the War in Afghanistan (2001–present), and the Iraq War. As of 2015 CENTCOM forces are deployed primarily in Iraq and Afghanistan in combat roles and have support roles at bases in Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Pakistan, and central Asia. CENTCOM forces have also been deployed in Jordan, and Saudi Arabia in the past, with a small presence remaining there as of 2009.

As of 22 March 2013 CENTCOM's commander is General Lloyd J. Austin, U.S. Army.
    Of all 6 American regional unified combatant commands CENTCOM is among the three with headquarters outside its area of operations. CENTCOM's main headquarters is located at MacDill Air Force Base, in Tampa, Florida. A forward headquarters was established in 2002 at Camp As Sayliyah in Doha, Qatar, which in 2009 transitioned to a forward headquarters at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar to serve American strategic interests. On 12 January, 2015, CENTCOM's Twitter and YouTube accounts were hacked.[2]

Area of responsibiliy som CENTCOM opererer under:

Navn:		mapMidEast.jpg
Visninger:	527
Størrelse:	101,8 KB

Og til slutt og ikke minst #pipelinemanagement, vakkert beskrevet:

Navn:		chinaseconomic.jpg
Størrelse:	116,3 KB
    China’s Economic & Strategic Interests in CENTCOM’s Area of Responsibility: Assessment & policy recommendations

China’s recent operation to evacuate its citizens in Libya saw PLA ships and aircraft pass through the U.S. Central Command’s (CENTCOM) area of responsibility (AOR), suggesting that contact between the U.S. and Chinese militaries in the Middle East is likely to increase. To help policymakers, we give a brief rundown of China’s strategic and economic interests in countries within the CENTCOM AOR. As Exhibit 1 (below) shows, energy is a key interest, with countries in the AOR accounting for more than 2.2 million bpd of oil supply to China in 2010 (~45% of China’s total oil imports).

Les til øyet blir vått her.
    Ny sjef på trappene:

Defense News: Special Operations Head Next CENTCOM Chief

Special operations have sometimes been seen as off in their own world, but in public statements Votel has called for greater coordination between special and conventional military forces.

http://defnews.ly/1RayITY

admin - Milforum

Sjekk ut gode tilbud hos MILRAB samt kle deg opp med t-skjorter fra nettbutikken vår.
    Følg oss på Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
    admin
    Milforum

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2011
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    14 innlegg
    Sitert
    118 innlegg
    PONDUS

Navy Strategy Focuses on Maritime Dominance in Complex World

Thirty years ago, the world was bipolar with the United States and the Soviet Union as the globe’s two superpowers. Now, it is much more crowded, with competitors including a resurgent Russia, along with China, North Korea, Iran and terrorist organizations such as the Islamic State, he said.

“For the first time in what I would say is roughly 25 years, the United States is back to an era of great power competition,” he said. “When I was deployed in 1983 … it was a different world. When the Soviet Union dissolved, the Cold War ended, we really entered a period where we were not … challenged at sea, not in a very meaningful way. That era is over.”

Both Russia and China have advanced their military capabilities significantly, he said. “Their goals are backed by a growing arsenal of high-end, war-fighting capability, many of which are exploiting those three forces that I mentioned and are focused specifically on our vulnerabilities,” he said
    - Putzes in da house.

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2011
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    14 innlegg
    Sitert
    118 innlegg
    PONDUS

Nuclear mishap withheld by Air Force from review team

By ROBERT BURNS, AP National Security Writer

The Air Force said that while three airmen were troubleshooting the missile, a "mishap" occurred, causing $1.8 million in damage to the missile. The service declined to explain the nature of the mishap, such as whether it caused physical damage, saying the information is too sensitive to be made public.

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Nuclear-mishap-withheld-by-Air-Force-from-review-6781595.php
    - Putzes in da house.

Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    66 innlegg
    Sitert
    534 innlegg
    PONDUS

Høres ut som noen bør stille kasse.
    Odd objects attract fire. You are odd.

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2011
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    14 innlegg
    Sitert
    118 innlegg
    PONDUS

Obama Is About To Launch A New Nuclear Arms Race. There’s a Better Way.

http://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2016/01/obama-about-launch-new-nuclear-arms-race-theres-better-way/125174/?oref=DefenseOneTCO&&

It is neither necessary nor economical to invest in a new long-range strategic bomber when the fleet of B-52s can operate effectively for at least another 20 years.
    - Putzes in da house.

Korporal
    Ble medlem
    Aug 2011
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    14 innlegg
    Sitert
    118 innlegg
    PONDUS

Ny Airforce One på gang:

Boeing Co. has won a contract to start preliminary work on a new fleet of Air Force One presidential aircraft based on its 747-8 jumbo jet, the Pentagon said on Friday.

http://www.ibtimes.com/boeing-wins-c...l-jets-2286983
    - Putzes in da house.

Nyhetspubliserer
    Ble medlem
    May 2004
    Liker (gitt)
    Liker (mottatt)
    Nevnt
    4 innlegg
    Sitert
    25 innlegg
    PONDUS

Skråblikk ambassadør i Norge:

Norge får ny USA-ambassadør

Etter 869 dager uten amerikansk ambassadør i Norge har Senatet i USA nå godkjent Samuel Heins som ny utsending til Oslo.
    Utenriksminister Børge Brende hilser utnevnelsen velkommen

Heins er 72 år gammel og fra Minnesota. Heins og kona samlet i 2012 inn over en million dollar til Barack Obamas kampanje for å bli gjenvalgt som president.

https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_D._Heins

https://www.minnpost.com/political-a...assador-norway
    Milforum-News
    Nyhetspubliserer

Besøk vår nettbutikk

Side 1 av 2 12 SisteSiste

Trådinformasjon